1. Could you give us a bit of background about yourself, your work and education?
21 year old guy… from the south of Malta (Birżebbuġa). I’m a bit of a tech freak, studied at MCAST Art & Design (Media Sector) and at the moment I’m working as an Event Coordinator with Jugs Malta. I also do Graphic Design & Video Production work as freelance.
2.How did you get started in your field?
Since I have some of my family & friends already working in Media, I managed to get a lot of good contacts and met a lot of people that helped me and are still helping me building my profession to this day.
3. How has your work evolved throughout the years?
Everyday I learn something new. I’m always willing to learn from others, despite being somewhat hard headed. Day by day, I see myself evolving more into my style.
4.What is the one mistake you kept repeating in your work when you first started out?
I believe that a person can never be perfect. Everyone has something new to learn from others. At first it was hard to take Client’s criticism.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully I will be coordinating larger events than the ones I’m currently coordinating, and will be in contact with many more creative people to share my ideas with. Maybe I will be working with some international companies as well, who knows? Anything can happen in 5 years. What I know for sure is that I am going to keep working hard to achieve my goals.
6. Which creative medium would you love to explore but haven’t yet?
I never had the chance to get into it but I would love to explore some 3D Design & Animation.
7. What was the most memorable project you have worked on so far?
A memorable project… I worked on a lot of interesting projects in the past few years, and all of which stimulate different feelings & memories. (It’s hard to choose)
8. Where do you feel the most inspired to work?
Many would say when I’m in the bathroom, however, I get inspired most when I’m in bed. Sometimes I abruptly get out of bed to work on these ideas and see if they have potential.
9. If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with a creative of your choice, who would it be?
Bla Dubju, I would love to collaborate with some members of the Apple design team, primarily Jonathan Ive.
10. Describe your work in 3 words
Bright, Simple, Fun.
11. Could you briefly describe your creative process from the first ideas, to coming up with concepts, to the end product of your work?
Research, research, research, then I gather all the material together to come up with a concept. I share the concepts with some of my close friends to get some feel from others than I create the final product.
12. How was your experience as a student at ICA?
FUN, STRESSFUL, WORTH IT.
13. What’s the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is interested in becoming a creative
Everyone is creative it depends how you evolve your creativeness.
14. Are you currently working as a freelancer or in an agency?
Currently working as a Freelance graphic designer / Video Producer.
I started taking photo shoots from the very beginning of my photography career, and I think that it allows me to experiment and create something different from the norm.
15. Any future projects you could tell us about?
At the moment I’m working on a Clothing Brand ‘BAD BEHAVIOUR’, with Chris Carabott. My role is designing cool tees, while Chris takes care of the logistics and marketing side. Hopefully by this summer we will launch some tees.